Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Learning to Tweet

After successfully resisting Twitter for quite a while, I've finally given in. So if you need one more way to see what I'm up to in between blog posts, here I am. I'm definitely still getting the hang of it, and I confess I'm not entirely convinced there's much of a point. It kind of reminds me of the way AOL Instant Messenger away messages worked when I was in college (the way they may still work for people in college today, for all I know): a quick way to pass along brief notes, funny links, &c. I haven't quite figured out what use I'll put Twitter to, but I'm sure it will involve books somehow. It may make for a good place to throw little quotes and things that don't make it into my reviews, or quick takes on things I'm reading as I'm reading them. We'll see.

Anyway, feel free to "follow me" on Twitter, or you can add the feed to your RSS reader and stay tuned that way.

Other people's "tweets" are fairly amusing, and I'm amazed at some of the folks who use the site regularly: "Wait Wait" host Peter Sagal, comedian Paula Poundstone, political commentator (the original and much-missed Wonkette) Ana Marie Cox, and some other interesting people to follow, including LT's Tim Spalding and fellow book-bloggers Michael Lieberman, Ian Kahn, Joyce Godsey, Benjamin Clark, and Laura of bookn3rd fame.