Saturday, July 24, 2010

This Week's Acquisitions

Quite a few review copies this week, which I'm very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into, plus a stop at Harvard Bookstore this morning after my haircut. They've got a good bunch of McSweeney's back issues in the used book sections, including two I didn't have.

- Lost Rights: The Misadventures of a Stolen American Relic by David Howard (Houghton Mifflin, 2010). Publisher.


- The Papers of Robert Treat Paine, Volumes I-III (MHS, 1992-2006). Work.

- The Courtiers: Splendor and Intrigue in the Georgian Court at Kensington Palace by Lucy Worsley (Walker & Company, 2010). Publisher.

- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach (W.W. Norton & Co., 2010). Publisher.

- McSweeney's Issues 23 and 28; edited by Dave Eggers (2007-2008). Harvard Bookstore.


- The Fall of Troy by Peter Ackroyd (Nan A. Talese, 1997). Harvard Bookstore.